Friday, February 19, 2010

Independent is my name...

Independent is Kaiya's new name - she has turned 18 months and all of a sudden she can do everything on her own! She doesn't like to be carried much anymore, likes to walk in the parking lot and into stores. She doesn't need help putting shoes on, gets mad if you try. She doesn't need help feeding herself, even is getting upset if her food is cut up while we eat full pieces of things.

She picks up on things SO quickly and LOVES, LOVES, LOVES helping. If you say, "Kai, can you help me do this..." she gets the BIGGEST smile on her face. Loves putting clothes in the hamper, loves putting shoes in the closet, loves emptying the dishwasher, loves putting clothes in and taking them out of the washer/dryer. She just wants to be doing what we are doing. Its very fun to watch her pick up on things so quickly - we don't even show her how, she just watches us and picks up on it (this is good and bad!!!).

Climbing is the latest thing, I mean, she has been climing on things for awhile but now its getting a little bit out of control! Moreso, I'm scared she is gonna fall and hurt herself. Tonight I was watching dishes and came into the living room and there she was in her high chair...but Josh, nor I put her in it. So of course I had to see what she did so I took her out and let her climb back in and I was amazed! So then of course I had to get it on tape so I took her out and let her do it again!! And now I don't want her to do it anymore!! I think it might be time for her to move to a booster seat or something at our table....or a different kind of chair...

Thankfully, knocking very hard on wood, she hasn't climbed out of her crib yet...and I'm HOPING this doesn't happen for a VERY long time, I like that I can put her in it and not have to worry about her getting out!!

So wait for the next adventure, what our little dare devil will be doing tomorrow....

1 comment:

Becky said...

You're right, it sounds like it is booster seat time!! :) What happened to the little baby that we just wanted to crawl across the room??? Luckily she isn't very heavy and that highchair is pretty stable...yikes! I just have "Safety 1st" booster. It goes from an infant seat to a toddler booster to a preschooler's chair. Only cost about $20 and will make her feel like a big girl. :)

Peyton just started his "NO" phase. I thought for sure he would miss this step because he never really said no, but no it accompanies everything he says. He wants no help whatsoever. Ahhh we have toddlers.