Thursday, September 18, 2008

Play with Baby

Kaiya and I attend a weekly mom's chat at the hospital where she was born - its GREAT - its a way for us to get out of the house and meet other mom's in our same situation - with kids - and know that we aren't alone in what we are going through and THINGS GET BETTER as everyone keeps telling me. Its a really great group - each week there are different topics that the leader discusses - this week it was play with baby and it was GREAT! I learned a lot of great ways to play with Kai, even at 6 weeks old. SO, today we went out and bought some bubbles and some poster board to make a collage of baby faces (they like looking at other babies) and we still need to get some picture books of kids faces and some black and white toys, and I have to find a locker mirror (or non-breakable mirror) for her crib...we got lots of good recommendations about books too. I can't wait to try these things out - I'll post pictures when we are using them!!

Another topic we discussed last week was baby sign language - I was already wanting to use it with Kaiya even before we discussed it at the chat, but talking about it there and seeing a video on it just solidified my believe in it. So Tiffany - get ready to learn sign language!!! :)

1 comment:

The Jeromes said...

Kai and I will learn together. I can't believe the picture where she is wearing blue jeans. She looks so big! It sounds like you are really having fun and you are doing a GREAT job!