Saturday, July 11, 2009

4th of July

I'm a little late on my blog, sorry, things have been hectic and I am without my laptop right now. Anywho - the family ventured Up North to our house in Eagle River for the 4th of July. I love it up there - its so peaceful.

We went to Watermelon fest, which is basically a bunch of art vendors - we went to the 4th of July parade in downtown Eagle River and Josh and I went to the Land 'O Lakes Fireworks by ourselves (very dissapointing fireworks I might add). Kaiya was interested in the parade for about 10 minutes - she would wave at the people and clap for them. She did love the ice pops that one of the floats was handing out. Then she wanted to get down and explore, enough waving at people!


We didn't get out on the boat at all, which is fine. The weather wasn't the best - it was a bit chilly. We did get to just relax and that is the most important part!

There was a rough part of the trip - Kaiya wasn't sleeping well up there. She would not nap (and when she did it was a struggle) and she didn't go down like her usual self, she woke up most of the nights as well which is not like her. So that part was stressful, but other than that we had a good time. Here she is in her 'toga' after she woke up from one of her naps.



My dad and I went fishing - he caught more than me but we had about 6-7 fish between us. I love fishing, I HATE touching the fish - they are slimey and nasty. My dad wanted to take a picture of me with one of my fishies I caught - he was trying to zoom and get the picture just right while I was holding the slimey fish!! So my expression in the picture was me telling him TAKE THE FRICKIN PICTURE ALREADY!



1 comment:

Becky said...

The sleep thing happened to Peyton too, when we were in San Diego. The funny thing about kids, is that when they don't get enough sleep throughout the day, they sleep even worse at night. I don't get that at all. If I'm tired, I sleep longer.

At least you're back home to get back on schedule.