Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My last day...

Well, today is my last day on Maternity Leave - getting tears just now as I write this blog :( It will be ok, I'll go back to work to help out our family and Kaiya will enjoy her time with Tiffany and then I can see her when I get home from work - but its gonna be hard, I'm gonna miss my little girl during the day! So what are we doing today? We had our last mom's chat at the hospital - it was a costume party - a nice way to end our weeks with the new friends we made. Here is Kaiya in her not original costume - a pumpkin (I"m not big into halloween).
Then after the party we stopped by Tiffany's to drop off some last minute things for her and for Kaiya. Nothing else really planned for today, she's taking a good nap right now, then we'll probably read or sing together at the piano, just hang out together. (ok, I realize this is sounding like the last time I will ever see her - lol) So yeah, I'm a little sad but I know she will be in good hands.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It will be hard at first...the best part of your day will always be going to pick her up. Once it gets close to 5, I get so excited to leave and get Peyton. He giggles now so when I get him he laughs when he sees me. That is GREAT!!
Being back at work will be a huge change, but truthfully, you will probably feel like you haven't been gone for 12 weeks. The same crap is still happening and you will pick up right where you left off. Ahh, the joys of work!
As long as she is in good hands, you have nothing to worry about. As she gets a little older, she'll start to get really excited to see you at night, and that makes it worth everything.
Unfortunately, we are not independantly wealthy (if you figure out how, let me know), so we have to go and leave our kids. They will be better for it!! And so will we! Adult conversation is not always a bad thing. :)

Good luck tomorrow! Work sucks just as much as you remember. :)